memory compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailblazer

Beta member
Hi there!

I could use a bit of advice. My wife's machine has a ASrock K7S8X v3 mobo, and it was using 512Mb PC2100 DDR SDRAM. Emblazoned across the motherboard is DDR400. anyway, we decided to purchase a memory upgrade and after a bit of research, I found out that this motherboard is capable of supporting 1Gb of PC3200 DDR400. So we purchased 2 sticks of 512Mb PC3200 DDR400, which the seller too said would work.

Ok, time came to insert the memory. I made fully sure it was firmly in, and of course I get the bleeping. First thing I do is check its in correctly. Then I check it with only one stick at a time, but it bleeps everytime. Now, I want to know for sure, can this mobo support 2x512 PC3200 DDR400 (i.e. I haven't just wasted my money) or is this memory likely to be bad?

many thanks for your time and advice.

I see no reason as to why that memory would not work.

If installed correctly, then my best guess is rotten memory. Is it really that common..? I see so many threads on here.

Ryan

Not only that, what brand is the memory? I'm just throwing this out there, that board supports only up to 1Gig of DDR400, is it possible it's crashing because it sees it as a little more than a gig???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom