Memory???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymem

Solid State Member
Hi,

i have a dimension 2350 dell. the processer is running at 2.00 GHz. i also have two 256 ram sticks in, for a total of 512. Its still not running as fast as the new ones. can someone help me to how i can make my comp faster.

Thanks

Sure. First thing, usually RAM works well, but in your case it wont help out so much. Before i suggest anything, what do you like to use your computer for? The big problem with your system is that processor, its pretty out-dated.

If you like Gaming, then im going to suggest a howl new system. Because the standards for gaming computers are alot different then moderate users.

If you dont know how to built your own system then i can suggest a site that offers some good computers for low prices.

Get more Memory, new Hard Drive, New Processor, just piece it together to make it like a new PC.

Jaymem,

A 2 GHz cpu is not too shaby. Is it an Intel or AMD cpu? Also 512MB of memory is ok. What is the video card that you have? Also, what games are performing poorly and have you tried to turn down the resolution, some of the graphic settings, etc.?

If I had to guess, I would say it is your video card which is underpowered. For your machine, a Radeon 9800Pro would do nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom