memory....

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you're using DDR....DDR2 is insanely new and so are the boards that came with it so unless you've got a new Nforce4 based motherboard don't worry about whether you have DDR or DDR2 memory. DDR2 is 240pin vs 184 so you can tell just by looking at it which is which.

Besides I know you aren't using PC4000 which I believe is the lowest...possibly PC3500 actually that DDR2 comes in but I'm not 100% sure on that.

CPU-Z <-- will tell you all you need to know about your RAM, google that name for the program

Best ram to get : OCZ El Platinum rev2 270$ for 2x512
If you dont have the money, get some nice Corsair XMS

You dont need to get pc4000, its useless, the speeds are not noticable between both.

Nubius said:
yes you're using DDR....DDR2 is insanely new and so are the boards that came with it so unless you've got a new Nforce4 based motherboard don't worry about whether you have DDR or DDR2 memory. DDR2 is 240pin vs 184 so you can tell just by looking at it which is which.

Besides I know you aren't using PC4000 which I believe is the lowest...possibly PC3500 actually that DDR2 comes in but I'm not 100% sure on that.

CPU-Z <-- will tell you all you need to know about your RAM, google that name for the program

I do believe Nforce4 is an AMD chipset, and AMD doesn't support DDR2 and won't for some time as it will need to rework the CPU's onboard memory controller which is DDR400 :) Only Intel's i915 and i925 support it I think......

And you may have PC4000, as it could be DDR, but it is not DDR2 memory unless you have a brand new(2 monthes or newer) Intel system and empty wallet:p You told use you were comparing DDR2 and DDR before:confused:

U-Toast said:

You dont need to get pc4000, its useless, the speeds are not noticable between both.

Correct because mobo's only support up to DDR400, so you have to OC the system to be able to actaully utilise PC4000 RAM at PC4000 speed:)

hey how do you now i aint using PC4000?
Because you're asking whether or not you have DDR or DDR2 and since you don't know and your CPU is only a 2.8GHz pentium...it's pretty safe to assume you don't have a brand spanking new motherboard that supports the DDR2 memory. and merlin sums it up right here:

but it is not DDR2 memory unless you have a brand new(2 monthes or newer) Intel system and empty wallet

I do believe Nforce4 is an AMD chipset, and AMD doesn't support DDR2 and won't for some time as it will need to rework the CPU's onboard memory controller which is DDR400
Yeah it's AMD, I don't know much about Intels boards, cpus, chipsets etc... but I could have sworn the Nforce4 boards were going to support DDR2, but I'm talkin like the SLI Capable motherboards I believe will have it...again not 100% sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom