Memeory Reference Error - Any Ideas On Fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
This just started happening with a few things, and is starting to occur more frequently as time passes. It happened before I installed Service Pack 2...I've downloaded all Windows XP Updates, Scanned for Ads/Viruses, Cleaned Registry and did Windows Error-Checking...

I also ran MemTest82, it did four runs and all passed with no errors... I am at a complete loss with this...no idea what to do.

An example of one of them (program/instruction/memory location change)...attached as an image.

Any ideas what-so-ever are greatly appreciated...thanks:)

win XP Service Pack 2 gives some computers very weird problems. SP2 is very buggy, but if it happens to work on your computer it is useful, if not, just uninstall it.

It happened before I installed Service Pack 2... The main reason I installed SP2 was in hope of it fixing that problem, but it didn't...hasn't caused any news ones that I am aware of (serious anyway).
thanks
X

I was just looking at FreshDiagnose with the memory, and noticed something...I don't know what it means if anything, under Supported Memory Types: DIMM is not supported. Then down on the installed memory module, it's type is DIMM,SDRAM. What does that mean?

My mo'bo has two DDR sockets and two SD RAM sockets--I'm useing only 1 DDR socket with the RAM. Any ideas? The picture is attached...thanks once again!

(I took out color etc from picture to reduce size...)

thanks again for any help

Have you tried running memtest86? I am assuming that it would be better and be able to detect the errors that memtest82 hasnt. Just google memtest86 and see what that gives you.

Grr, sorry, it was Memtest86 I ran. I just looked at the install file, 32 was the version... It came up with no problems. I hate this:)

Try running memtest86. That might work better than memtest82. Just google it. I have never heard of memtest82. 86 would probably be better for determing errors.

??See my last post It was memtest86 I ran...mistype on first...! I hate this thing :p

sorry, i dont know why it posted it twice. my bad. it cant be lack of power. maybe the memtest isnt catching everything. try a different stick of ram.

Lack of power isn't possible? My current PSU is only 300 Watts, due to the fact the one in my sig below had to be sent back for "repair" as the fans weren't working. Just wondering because when my computer starts, it will fully boot and then just turn itself off. But on the second time it is fine... Also, some random times it shuts itself off...

thanks for any and all the help so far !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom