Media Player error after installing CATALYST - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Media Player error after installing CATALYST

machine: winxp home, ati radeon 9200

before: when i played a video file in media player or any player my tv was showing that video file in full screen even when media player window was inactive (when i was surfing web, etc and media player was running on the back) or when it's not in full screen mode. Which i loved!!!

what i did: install the latest version of CATALYST, happened a week ago or so, which i thought would be better since its the latest version. (by the way, before that installition was the factory one i guess, came inside the vaio package)

now: i can't view video files on tv unless i change tv to primary monitor and then i can't see it on computer.

Old 04-13-2004, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

can anone help?

Old 04-13-2004, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Well, this could be easy or hard depending on your level of computer knowledge. The Radeon 9200 runs well on Catalyst 4.2 drivers and it sounds like you have a major conflict with 4.4. Do you have the latest DX version? The Radeon 9200 is not ment to run the DX9.0b versions well, it is a good DX8.1 video card. True many of you out there are running DX9.0b on a R9200 and it is fine, I realize that but it does not use alot of DX9.0Bs capabilities. I would first get into add/remove programs and remove the new video drivers. Reboot when it asks you to and install an earlier version of Catalyst drivers. This should fix your issue, if not let us know.

Hope this helps.
Crucial Performance Lab
The Memory Experts(SM) at Crucial Technology is now on board to give you straight answers to your memory-related questions.
When responding please provide your full system specs; hardware and software, OS, BIOS, drivers Etc. You can e-mailmemory related questions to
Old 04-13-2004, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Yea, what crucial said...i did have a DX uninstaller and it was really nice..... but it does exist!
Closed Thread