Maxtor hard drives....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I have heard horrible things about these drives. I have a 160GB ATA-133 Maxtor containing my Windows and my games. My most important stuff is on an older WD ATA-100. I have two questions. My first is, is Maxtor really that bad? My second is, this drive being 6 months old, is it urgent that I start looking for something else to replace it? Please answer this questions, and also tell me any Maxtor stories you may have, be it good or bad. I want to hear the good too, because I dont really want to have to get another hard drive.

First of all i also have a Maxtor Drive and ive had it for 7 months now and it seems to be working like a charm with no problems.

Secondly why do you want to replace your hard drive if it s still working.

Neosteve

I Have a Maxtor Ide 40gb drive its been running for just over 16 Months fine. Personally after hearing all that i went over to Western Digital or Seagte drives. There are mixed results with Maxtor drives.

this isnt exactly what ur looking for, but....

i have a 20gb maxtor 5400rpm EIDE HD.

windows is runing off a 40gb WD.

i left my comp on for about 2 years with both those drives in it. and i havnt seen any probs with the maxtor.

but then again, its smaller, and slower, and older, and totally different model type, so it prolly doesn help u out at all lol.

EDIT: o yea if u were wondering, no problems with the WD either.

o yea i might be like 3yr's. i leave my comp on all the time i cant remember

I have a Maxtor 120gb and i HATE it. It is noisey, slow and the screw holes are too big for the screws(on mine anyway). As soon as i get enough money i am buyng another one.

every maxtor drive i've owned/repaired has gone bad. maybe it is just luck, but i have nothing good to say about Maxtor. Seagate and WD are the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom