Maxtor drive not recognizing full capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxyLoxy

Daemon Poster
hello i was wondering if anyone can help me, i recently installed a maxtor 8mb 250gb UIDE drive 6y250po. When installed it only recognizes as 127gb, ive read around everywhere and cant find a working fix. i tried Maxtor's big drive enabler, i have win sp2, done tons of stuff. i have a amd64 3200+ and soyo k8usa so i wouldnt think its the mobo needs to be updated but thats the only remaining thing i can think of and im kinda scared of flashing my bios. it doesnt even recognize on startup as 250 or even close, and when i installed windows too. its not partitioned or anything.. it just doesnt recognize full capacity.

i also have 2 maxtor 160 sata's that i had in RAID and now all the sudden only one works and my raid is broken?? i dont know what happened .. ive played with it a bit but it doesnt recognize 2 drives on startup only one it acts like one is actually broken, i dont know what could be wrong with it it seems to be running and whatnot.. sata cables?? anyway any help would be appreciated.

amd64 3200+
ati 9800xt
maxtor 250gb 8mbC (more or less:( )
maxtor 160 sata RAID x2 (once again more or less)
soyo k8usa
pioneer dvr 107D
corsair 512mb pc3200
audigy2zs platinum
dell 2001fp 20" lcd
and 127 out of 570gb im sposed to have!!! (before partitioning)
:mad:

2 options, make multiple partitions of the hard drive making sure none of them exceeds 127gb. if u use xp then just upgrade to service pck 2.

this happened to a friend of mine with his maxtor and he had to download a utility from maxtors website that corrected the undetected gigs.

wow cool, it says 105.77gb unallocated and the 127 D: NTFS is healthy

it also shows my raid E:, as 305.33gb and healthy, .. hmm what do i do now?

oh and i have winxp pro (till those bastards release win64) and service pack 2 like i said. the maxtor big drive utility says that my stuff is workin with 48bit so its fine but nothing changes (ive done that before).

you can allocate the free space to a new partition or you can delete all your partitions and create a single large partition. The best thing to do is allocate 15-30GB for the OS depending on how much games/ programs you install. Than allocate the rest of the space for a 2nd logical partition to hold data & store an image of your OS there also

wow! thanks that was easy, i formatted and it shows up now. im gonna try recreating the RAID array so i can get that up. it does recognize it in that diagnostic as one 305 but nowhere else in my comp. says its corrupted or inaccessible from My Computer. is there any way i can recognize the raid w/o redoing it? its RAID 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom