83937260729081217.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy cell pics)

Here's the stuff on the label:

Maxtor ATLAS IV
10K RPM
3.5 Series
Ultra320 SCSI
73GB

So my question is, should I save this and use it in my new build as a second hdd or am I better off selling it? I believe it's a SATA connection but idk, thanks for any help.

SCSI drives are suppose to be faster than sata, i'd use it to have my OS on it for fast start up times... I think they use a different connector than sata though

You will have to purchase a SCSI controller card that supports a Ultra320 drive, and that isn't cheap, be cheaper to purchase a 10k raptor drive.

EWWW i just looked at those controllers, $200+ for them. If i was you i would just sell the drive then buy a 640gb western digital drive..by looks of it, that drive is probably worth like $75-100

it has been sooo long since i have dabbled in enterprise servers and storage configs..

but those drives are SCA drives.. meaning they will only work in a hot swappable storage cage.

but you can get an adapter for $15 off ebay, get a controller and you will be set. But after spending that money you would of already spent enough money to afford a decent SATA drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom