Master Channel Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I'm setting up a new server for myself, and I am going to use 4 drives and have RAID 0+1. For some reason, my master channel dosent work. All the other drives are picked up (P. Slave, S. Master, S. Slave) but the Master is comming up s none. I can swap around drives and cables, but it always seems that my master channel will not work. The same drive that dosent work on my primary master channel will work on all the other channels. I'm using an ASUS v600DAP with an AMD Athalon 2200+. All of the drives are 60 gb (give or take a gig or so, you know how it goes.) and are 3 western digital drives and 1 seagate. Like i said, I've swapped out cables and drives, but to no avail. Any advice?

If for some reason my master channel is fried, can I use the master channel on my controller card as the master channel overall and only use the onboard secondary channel?

I forgot to say that I was using a controller card. So I'm using the two onboard channels, Master and Slave, and the two on the controller, master and slave. I also have a CD rom drive setup, will that screw things up? I've never messed with RAID before, I know it's pretty straight forward, but the friggen jumper settings are screwing me up. I know that is pretty simple, but there's just so many of them. It sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom