Manufacturer Vid. Card. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fofoo

Baseband Member
I just ordered a new computer today. Sadly, it has integrated 64mb graphics. Now, I want to look for a decent video card, something under 100$ will do the job. Currently I have an old Radeon 7500 on my p3 500mhz.

Now I see in many stores that some vid cards, for example the 9200 is fairly cheap, maybe 20-50$ cheaper. However, on the box it says another name, for example, Saphire ATI blablabla. Now what does this mean? Whats the diff. between the Saphire ATI and the actualy ATI ? And does it differ a lot in performance?

Thanks.:D

Sapphire is the manufacturer, so is Radeon, PowerColor and others. No diff in performance, diff in price and package contents. I would recommend something by Radeon or Sapphire only. If you plan to play games dont go under to a 9800 pro...

GameGURU said:
Sapphire is the manufacturer, so is Radeon, PowerColor and others. No diff in performance, diff in price and package contents. I would recommend something by Radeon or Sapphire only. If you plan to play games dont go under to a 9800 pro...

Radeon is not a manufacturer, it's a product line made by ATI. ATI is the manufacturer.

Well like i said before I do not need to play games at very high resolutions. I am fine with a 1024x768. However I have very little money to spend as do you think my Intel Integrated 64mb would perform better or a GeForce MX? [Yes, MX] :(

if u r running P3, probably your mobo only support AGP4X, u get a GeForce 4 MX also enough. I can play Far Cry using my GeForce4 MX440 too.

didi probably meant its rare to find a PCI card these days. ANyways. Im back guys. This time, I want to know how the comparison is between an ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128mb and the GEForce MX 440 64mb, because I can get the 9200 for 67$ and the GEForce for 54$.

THanks!

Geforce back then was alot better, go with nvidia.

i thought that the companies who distrubuted the cards were manufacturers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom