Major PC Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Viper

Beta member
Yea this kinda sucks,
My computer has been down for about 5 weeks. It all started when I returned from a shower to my PC that was on its screen saver. I moved the mouse to wake it up and it all just frozed. :( I pressed the power buttion to restart it but nothing happened, I had to use the switch on the power supply to shut it off.

I switched the power supply back, and pressed the computer's power buttion.. nothing happens :mad:

So I dunno what to do, or what happened. The computer didn't have a I/O sheild because it had a new larger mother borad.

If anyone can give me some tips or advice to help me I'll greatly apperticate it.

One more thing, I have a P4 mother borad and a 3.2 GHZ P4 lying around. And like a dumbass I put the 3.2 in the ?dead? motherborad's CPU slot, and it still doesn't work. The green light on the MB is on.. So this may mean that the MB and CPU are ok and maybe its something else?? Anyway one more question lol, what power supply should I get for the P4 3.2 Ghz, I was told that the one powering the 2.8 Ghz is not enough for the 3.2?? A link would be great to.

Thanks alot.

sounds like your computer crashed so you need to get a new hard drive. I'm sorry but there is no way you can save the data on the old hard drive. Also, I would put the 2.8 back in before you start it up with the new hard drive.

i don't see how you deduced that his hard disk is dead. in fact from what he told us there is nothing that can be assumed at this point. it sounds like he's got a lot of testing to do to figure out where the problem is coming from brfore he can fix it. he's also trying to do 2 thngs at once which screws up his troubleshooting majorly.

could it be possible that the wire that controls ur power button on your case somehow shook loose?

i dont see how it could come loose, but if it did, the power button wouldn't respond, and that sounds like what's happening

I once had this problem. No power to the board from the psu. I made sure there was a working 120 volts to the power supply then made sure that the power supply button was on! Then I reset the bios press the front pc power button and presto it came on, maybe the bios set up had nothing t do with the power failure but what ever I touch it work!!

sounds exactly like a dead video card problem, try a new video card. from what ive seen, 2 of my friends video cards did the same thing with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom