Mainboard P4P800SE tower FIT problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingdaylight

Baseband Member
Hi everybody

does anyone know if the intel p4p800se mainbord fits in the Coolermaster Centurion Aluminium because it confused me about the back pannel of the mainbord it shows 3 HORIZONTAL not VERTICAL audio and RJ45 connector and the USB connectors ar also located far under the mouse en keyboard connector.

I have an old intel atx midi tower case it worked on an old intel celeron 350 MHZ and has Vertical connector outputs for onboard sound and and an another smal vertical opening next to it so i wonder if that P4p800SE could fit in my older tower case if not i would like to know if there is specific tower cases for the p4p800.

If it doenst fit in my older tower case could anyone then tell me on wich tower case specs. i must look out for to match the P4p800 connectors.

I was thinking of using the Coolermaster Centurion Aluminium but the back of that case is almost the as my old tower case.

So now iam completely lost

Thnx.

most motherboard come with the back pannel that you can pop out so it fits with all the on board jacks. If the case is really old, then it might not have that. But it should. Does that make sence and help?

Sorry but it doesn't make much sence to me

http://publish.it168.com/2004/0301/images/129324.jpg

The connector pannel of the P4p800
is weird the onboard LAN en audio are aligned horizontal and not vertical the older tower cases from intel and some newer tower cases have those connector outputs vertical aligned like the coolermaster i want to buy incase the old tower does not fit in mainboard here is the back pannel of the coolermaster i want to buy but the back look almost the same of my older tower.

http://www.supc.co.jp/price/centurisb.jpg

so could you please try to be more clear with the above information.

Thnx

The back panel is the piece on the back of the case with the holes for the motherboard parts (mouse,usb,keyboard etc...)
on most cases they are removable and most mobos come with their own back panels.

every single mobo out there has its own configuration of how the pors align... in all cases nowadays... and yes the centaurion has this... the back panel where the precut holes are for the ports on the back of the mobo is removable... so just punch it out in whichever direction it will come out (u wont damage nething dunt worry.. as long as the mobo or nething havent already been fitted into the case)... and then use the back connector panel that game with the motherboard (its the shiny aluminum piece where the holes match up with the connectors on the back of the mobo).. and fit it into the slot that the old connector was and then u can screw in ur mobo and it all shud fit perfectly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom