Macro keyboard/periphs, no drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus2146375

Beta member
Hopefully someone here will have a suggestion I can use.

I work for a bank, needless to say they don't let me mess with the computer settings much. I'm running on an ibm with unknown specs, windows xp pro, fully updated.

My job requires me to type string of commands in the following format 'abcd;efgh;ij(cntrl+v)' to cycle between account information screens. I type these by hand. I would copy/paste, except that i need to keep the account # on clipboard for multiple screens, and xp only allows one clipboard item at a time.

I own a logitech g15 keyboard which allows me to record macros. So, I could build macros to allow me to do this with one keystroke, which would be awesome because it would increase my productivity and thus get me paid more.

The issue is that I am not able to install the drivers on the computer without admin permissions, and I can't use the record macro function on the G15 without them.

Are there any hardware options that will allow me to record macros w/o drivers? Are there any that can save macros in internal memory? Is it possible to install/utilize device drivers from a portable memory device?

Feel free to submit work-arounds with software, although those would likely violate many company policies and I am hesitant as it might threaten my employment....

Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom