Machine Couldn't Handle Quake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDude

Beta member
Hello there. I have an HP NX7000 laptop which has always worked well with me for the past year. Now, while i was playing quake on it, it froze, the screen started flickering alot and then the screen started to get brighter and brighter and it kept going like this until I decided to switch the laptop off manually.

Now, when I switched it on again, it wouldn't even boot. The laptop ON light would light but nothing shows up on the screen and there seems to be no harddrive activity at all. When I keep trying to switching it ON and OFF again, it would do the same thing. What could possibly be the problem?

When you turn your machine back on can you hear your hdd buzz?

If not, that leads me to believe that your hdd is toast and then there may be other problems with that to, I'm not sure if it was the graphics card making your screen flicker like that or if it was the LCD screen have problems.

If you have a replacement hdd just pop that in and see how it goes.

With A Little Bang...

str8lazy said:
When you turn your machine back on can you hear your hdd buzz?

The HDD doesn't buzz at all when I turn it back on. BUT, I noticed that sometimes the laptop boots ok if you bang it a little bit from the bottom (don't ask how I figured that out..lol). But then, after a while the screen starts to fliker again and then it gets stuck.

Some of my friends say it might be a motherboard problem :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom