MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Both, with my Micro Swtich i use the macs for the graphics, and the PC for the games, i love both,, if u can afford it ,, but a G5 like mine ,, and a build your own PC.

apokalipse said:
"I looked at a Windows machine and it crashed!!"
- see what i mean?

That's almost what happened to me once, but it was more like...

"I looked at a PC and it blew up."

;)

The pre-sales hooplah before Apple launched the PowerMac G5 really actually shows how much the Mac has deteriorated. Benchmarking their system against Dual Xeon system and giving it a run for its money is something they can do by tweaking and tilting the benchmarks.

Anyway lets not get down to tht. When have you seen Dell or HP etc. benchmark their own products against Apple? I personally cant remember any such incidents, and this is for the simple fact that Apple holds less than 3% for the total world market shares for personal computers. Really, any1 can build a system that can blow the pants off an Apple computer, and even the cool design isnt a factor anymore. Just go out and buy a windowed panel case with LED lights and you've got a cooler looking system.

apokalipse said:
the G5 outperformed a dual P4 machine (3GHZ)

well, to set the record straight (gotta keep it fair):

It was a dual Xeon rig running at 3.06GHz /processor on a 533MHz bus and a single processor Pentium 4(HT) running at a 3.00GHz on an 800MHz bus. Pentium 4s dont support dual proc configurations.

I think mac are good for professionals in video/photography.
They may also be great for people who can afford buy them or using as an extra computer in their home/office, but when it comes to hardcore gamers, end-users and professionals in other fields where they don't have software for mac... son it's always best to stick with a pc.

As for Mac not freezing or crashing ... let me remind you all if it is indeed true you would never visit a site like this and would never appreciate all these friends who help you with compatibility issues, crashes etc...

The solution for a crash-free pc ?
Well i don't know if there will ever be one. But i feel secure that there are friends to help me out if my pc crashes. It stimulates communication subconsciously.

Also tell me ... don't people love options and value for money ?
And sadly mac doesn't offer either !

Long live the debate but will one outlive the other ? My answer is yes. But which one... i feel pc but you're free to decide:p

apokalipse said:
do you have any proof at all that they did crash?
back things up before you post them because any idiot could've made up a story like that
for example:
"I looked at a Windows machine and it crashed!!"
- see what i mean?

da hell does that have to do with anything?

why would i bother typing that crap if i didnt mean it. the fact of the matter is, i decided to try these macs and each one failed miserably. and right on you can get into hotmail, enjoy it. point is i couldnt and decided to relay my experience with y'all. didnt expect to be called a noob or watever, thats pretty rude.

i wouldve loved to have screenshots of all of them buggering up, but i couldnt cuz they had all frozen! and by frozen, i mean i couldnt do anything...and they didnt "thaw". i just turned them off and then booted up a win98 machine.

i looked @ a windows machine and it crashed - perfect example of someone who is immature and dont know what they are talking about.

I'll be honest, I like my pc. I like the way my keyboard feels under my fingers, and my two button mouse that fits in my hand nice. I like having the start menu and accompanying little bar at the bottom (lol) that shows all my programs, and my taskbar, and the quicklaunch panel. I love being able to right click and get added options. I know that this is obviously available for macs (I hope) but... but... Jeez. I've worked on top-of-the-line macs at school, with video editing, and... it was new. I honestly had nothing to compare them too. When I got adobe premier to compare to final cut 3.0 for video editing, I would never go back to final cut.

I am new to this forum, so instead of quoting I'll state that someone said something about macs running PC programs... and my response is... Who in their right mind would WANT a mac program on their PC? Ooh Ooh! iTunes! WOOHOO! I like my winamp, and my ie, and all my other crap. I like it and that's all there is to it!

Now... let's see... I've had macs crash, and when they do I honestly don't know what to do. I was on a two monitor system and all of a sudden all this gibberish in what looked like DOS format screwed up the second display, and the first display froze up... and I was rendering a time dilation effect... that pissed me off. One thing I CAN say for macs, though, is their auto-save function is easy to use, makes crashing not-so-bad.

Oi. Yes they are ugly, but Jeez, I dunno. Alienware computers are pretty PRETTY things, and even the fastest alienware comp (rationally) costs less than the 4000$ you'd have to pay for a G5 (I'm not sure that's the pricetag so don't jump down my throat).

I'm lost, lemme recoupe.

Macs are nice. I'm looking at the mac.com store now, so I'm assuming that these prices are american (I am canadian) and I can get a bottom of the line g5 for 1999. That's w/o a monitor and with 256 megs of ram... not just the same ram, it's ddr333 ram, not even ddr400. Is the g5 1.6 ddr400 compatible? I don't even know. For that price in american I might not be able to get a comperable computer CPU-wise, but that ram is dispicable for the speed of CPU... One or the other can't overpower, it is a working relationship. Overall I'd be happier with a PC at the same cost.

One thing I'd give macs is that they are user-friendly... idiot-user-friendly. People that know nothing about computers and who learn on macs think macs are the greatest, cause they can do anything with them. They are simple. I'm sure there are advanced options, as I can use some of them with FC3, but I still like my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom