Mac vs. PC Poll - Page 7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
View Poll Results: If you have switched, where to?
Intel to AMD 6 100.00%
AMD to Intel 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2004, 08:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Mac's being better for graphics artists is not BS as some people have stated.

Putting hardware and available software issues aside, there are reasons why they are better for art related work. And that is mainly the interface. I've worked with Photoshop (I know this is low-level but I'm sure a lot of my impressions would still apply for higher end work) on a low-end old school Mac OS 8 was still nicer to work with then my WinXP machine, which is much faster, more stable (then OS 8...DEFINITELY NOT more stable then OS X Panther), and much newer. The interface (particularly the way it treats multiple windows within a program) is just much more efficient for many sorts of graphics work.

Now, back into the hardware dispute, PPC processors handle large tasks arguably better then Intel CPUs. Many people seem to feel that Macs render better.

On other topics in this debate, many people who say they have Mac experience often don't have experience with a modern Mac (something that runs Panther)...and they'll compare something older to a more modern P4 Windows machine. I've seen that a lot.

Here's an interesting read you could have referenced in your article had you not already finished..

Error: Keyboard not attached. Please press F1 to continue. <pre>-------OS----------Gentoo Linux-------<br>------Browser-----Mozilla Firefox-----</pre><form action="" method="get"><input type="text" name="search"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search the Forums, thanks to Emily"></form>

|||Official Forum Rules|||<hr>
Old 10-14-2004, 08:54 PM   #62 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Am i a ghost

15'' Macbook Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16ghz
x1600 128MB
Windows XP/Mac OSX 10.5

No longer a Guru of games...
Old 10-14-2004, 10:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to ATIRAGEPRO Send a message via Yahoo to ATIRAGEPRO
Cool "Computer related Bullsh**...:) "

Originally posted by GameGURU
Am i a ghost
NO lol

Originally posted by bonehelm

I just found out I\'ve been using direct X 8.1 since its out.
He who knows when enough is enough will always have enough... - Lao Tzu
Closed Thread