If you have switched, where to?

• Intel to AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD to Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac's being better for graphics artists is not BS as some people have stated.

Putting hardware and available software issues aside, there are reasons why they are better for art related work. And that is mainly the interface. I've worked with Photoshop (I know this is low-level but I'm sure a lot of my impressions would still apply for higher end work) on a low-end old school Mac OS 8 machine...it was still nicer to work with then my WinXP machine, which is much faster, more stable (then OS 8...DEFINITELY NOT more stable then OS X Panther), and much newer. The interface (particularly the way it treats multiple windows within a program) is just much more efficient for many sorts of graphics work.

Now, back into the hardware dispute, PPC processors handle large tasks arguably better then Intel CPUs. Many people seem to feel that Macs render better.

On other topics in this debate, many people who say they have Mac experience often don't have experience with a modern Mac (something that runs Panther)...and they'll compare something older to a more modern P4 Windows machine. I've seen that a lot.

Here's an interesting read you could have referenced in your article had you not already finished..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom