• Intel to AMD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD to Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you can put linux on a mac
Hmm, well wasn't 100% sure, but then I was thinking it shouldn't matter being that it's just info on a HD, but what about drivers for your hardware? Sure your motherboard is going to need drivers and how would linux be able to read the mac based drivers? Or wait...man it's been a while since I been on mac, they don't even have drivers do they? Ahh nm I just read something about linux on mac, and that OS X appearantly has a 'kernal' built upon Unix software or something to that degree. I'm tired and didn't read it thoroughly, but yeaaaaah.....but still the point still remains, it's not a best OS poll. Which machine is better is the question.

I've seen the same thread hundreds of times, and my answer is the same: I like Mac's

Mac does the same thing AMD do, they make their CPU's with lower frequencies but they perform better than CPU's with higher frequencies. a single 1.6GHZ G5 outperforms a 3.2GHZ Pentium 4. the next one up is a dual 1.8GHZ, which owns a 3.4, then there's the dual 2.0 and dual 2.5
they have just so much power. I like AMD also for the fact that they know better than to just clock their CPU's higher.

Mac's are better for video and photo editing, whether or not you think so, it is their software which puts them ahead in video and images.
Mac OS X is not only very stable, and is not only easy to use. the advanced Mac user will still like OS X. it's not just some n00b OS, but has a wide range of advanced features and customisations similar to which Windows has, except Windows lets you delete system files and wreck your system, when OS X has a limit to what you do, and this limit is not very restricting at all. it just restricts you from wrecking the system.

it is entirely possible to upgrade a G5 nowadays. you can put in more of HDD's (including IDE and SATA) or more RAM, up to 8GB - you can stick in Corsair's really low latency RAM, or even stick in a 6800 video card if you wanted.

Mac's are not crap in gaming either, in fact here's something ironic: Halo (a Microsoft product) runs 3 times faster on Mac hardware

antirem said:
:eek: what about linux... there not on the polls!?!

Good Point. Personally I am not a big fan of Linux, but it is the other Windows Alternative. (Main one being mac)

Why would you want linux on a mac? Linux is just an open source form of Unix which is what all Mac OS's are based upon

No you cant transfer OS's like that. How Macs processors work was made different then windows. I think it was motoraolla made it... The binary is different on PCs and macs which is why it is so hard to convert stuff. Yes its bassed on Unix but it had to be changed a lot before it got to Mac.

Archanix macs (which i hate) are better for grapghics sad to say. My Moms in the buisness so I'd know. Macs have had a 64 bit processor for like wut 2-3 years and we just got em... Windows is catching up though! About 6 years ago most print shops wouldnt print artwork in windows format but just about (not all) printshops now take both. The reason macs are so good in this are is because they geared themselves for education and art.

Windows is making a linux!!!:rolleyes: http://www.mslinux.org/ check the release! it comes in november!

"Luneytunix..."

NOooo!!! The Penguin has now been branded with the mark of the BEAST!!!-->
boxedit.jpg
pcxp.gif
:eek: :eek: What shall we do?!?!?! :confused: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom