Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD to Intel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I'm doing an article for my magazine in computer class. Please vote. Also explain why you think which is better.

the only reason i voted pc's is because I haven't learned the mac OS. who knows once i learned mac I might like it better. just all my experience has been reg pc's, <shrug>

Compatability - PC's own in that category. Plus, I know a thing or two about PCs and windows, a Mac for me is unknown territory. Macs are for sure more asthetically pleasing, in terms of the GUI (icons and desktop stuff), although PCs can mimick this. The cases and monitors are also very nice looking for Macs, but aftermarket cases aren't readily availible for Macs like they are for PCs, that I have seen anyway.

I think of Mac's like AOL: maybe good for 1st timers, but i prefer the customizable, moddable windows.

I've had experience with both PC and MAC although Mainly PC I've had my fair share. So I'll try to give you a little insight lazerman :D

Steve Jobbs was a hippy basically. If you don't know who that is, you should look him up, it was him and a guy named Steve Wosniac who first came up with the idea for the personal computer. (Watch the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley) Bill gates was a ruthless business man basically. Steve Jobbs spent too much time trying to make his computer look pretty...so that's basically all Macs are now. They do have nice looking cases and whatnot, but I'd rather choose performance and functionality over looks. The MacOS is generally more user friendly than windows but that also means when it comes time to troubleshoot it may be harder and for a newbie would generally mean 'Initializing' the drive because they call it 'Initializing' not formatting :D A lot of people will tell you that 'Oh well Macs are better for graphics' This is a lie and there are no facts to back this up. Truth is, macintosh is over priced hippyware that is too far behind in the market to really do anything besides make fancy looking cases. There's not a mac out there that would compete with the top of the line PC's although some would disagree and say NAH NAH THE DUAL G5's BLAH BLAH, but yeah right....programs like softimage, maya, lightwave, 3D Studio Max, for the most part are PC Based, I think one of those might be on Mac but I'm not entirely sure. Hell they all might have a mac version nowadays cause I no longer keep track. But for the most part the only arguement FOR mac is 'They are better for graphics' which I completely disagree. Anything you can do on Mac you can do on PC better. People will also say 'Macs dont get virii' yeah well neither does Linux and it's cause people don't give a sh!t about mac users, they aren't the main source of computers. That's my info on macs :D Good luck on your report

regardless of what anyone says, os x is the best os out there aside from linux. it is lightyears ahead of windows in terms of funcionality and compatability (mac can read almost everything from windows, windows will only read documents made in windows, unless using something like office for mac). the mac hardware may not be as advanced, but the os sure is.

IMO when software gets ahead of hardware, that is not very good news. Thanks everyone, keep voting!

Nubius said:
I've had experience with both PC and MAC although Mainly PC I've had my fair share. So I'll try to give you a little insight lazerman :D

Steve Jobbs was a hippy basically. If you don't know who that is, you should look him up, it was him and a guy named Steve Wosniac who first came up with the idea for the personal computer. (Watch the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley) Bill gates was a ruthless business man basically. Steve Jobbs spent too much time trying to make his computer look pretty...so that's basically all Macs are now. They do have nice looking cases and whatnot, but I'd rather choose performance and functionality over looks. The MacOS is generally more user friendly than windows but that also means when it comes time to troubleshoot it may be harder and for a newbie would generally mean 'Initializing' the drive because they call it 'Initializing' not formatting :D A lot of people will tell you that 'Oh well Macs are better for graphics' This is a lie and there are no facts to back this up. Truth is, macintosh is over priced hippyware that is too far behind in the market to really do anything besides make fancy looking cases. There's not a mac out there that would compete with the top of the line PC's although some would disagree and say NAH NAH THE DUAL G5's BLAH BLAH, but yeah right....programs like softimage, maya, lightwave, 3D Studio Max, for the most part are PC Based, I think one of those might be on Mac but I'm not entirely sure. Hell they all might have a mac version nowadays cause I no longer keep track. But for the most part the only arguement FOR mac is 'They are better for graphics' which I completely disagree. Anything you can do on Mac you can do on PC better. People will also say 'Macs dont get virii' yeah well neither does Linux and it's cause people don't give a sh!t about mac users, they aren't the main source of computers. That's my info on macs :D Good luck on your report

Thats exactly my opinion. Nice post Nubius!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom