The Mac G5 kicks ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats where i was confused, my boss and i were talking about getting some new server software (windows sever 2003 datacenter edition) and he said you could have up to 64GB of ram on one machine with datacenter edition

you can get 2GB sticks of ram at www.pricewatch.com, and thats just what is available to the general public, schools and large businesses are able to get larger pieces (up to like 4GB sticks, but they are over $2000 usd)

dethangel said:
you can get 2GB sticks of ram at www.pricewatch.com, and thats just what is available to the general public, schools and large businesses are able to get larger pieces (up to like 4GB sticks, but they are over $2000 usd)

Hehe, look here for the 4GB DIMM. For 210$? Wow, sure goes to show the internet is not that reliable.

But, this is a strange thing. This is a quad Xeon mobo, but it has support for up to 32GB of RAM. Now, mathematics dictates that 32÷4=*GB of RAM per chip.

Life is getting confusing....

if that place with the 4GB is for real, its prolly a kit, but i dont think anyone would sell 8 512MB chips for 210$ lol

i dont know what it is about that, it just seems fishy as none of the sites will say what kind of ram it is (none of them specify whether it is pc100 or pc 3200, its annoying)

*edit*

it "really" is 1 stick, rofl

look here this is ridiculous, id like to try and buy that

*edit*

dethangel said:
if that place with the 4GB is for real, its prolly a kit, but i dont think anyone would sell 8 512MB chips for 210$ lol

i dont know what it is about that, it just seems fishy as none of the sites will say what kind of ram it is (none of them specify whether it is pc100 or pc 3200, its annoying)

*edit*

it "really" is 1 stick, rofl

look here this is ridiculous, id like to try and buy that

*edit*

there must be some sort of widespread confusion here, because I paid 120$ for a 512MB SoDIMM and $80 for a 512MB DIMM. How can something with 8x the capacity cost only 40/80 bucks more?

I am very confused now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom