m-audio situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4sTr0

In Runtime
i just ordered a comp and i got the m-audio revolution 7.1 and i JUST got this thing going but there is no sound. its saying it doesnt detect any audio software. i thought it was no biggie i just needed to install my handy dandy driver cd that came with it but when i put it in its like my dvd drive doesnt understand it. it spins and spins in there and its light is flashing trying to identify the cd rom but it just cant. so after about 20 seconds of failure to identify it just stops and its as if there is no cd in there at all. i go to my computer and nothing.
so i cant use my driver cd and i downloaded the only thing its offering me at m-audio.com (thing as in driver) and it doesnt do a thing! it confuses my comp up pretty bad though. i got a blue screen 2 times i tried to start it up for the driver to take affect. (not the blue screen of death, a different one that went..."a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer".
please any1, help this newb. this is my first comp i built. please stop me from resorting to on-board audio.

thanks alot for any help offered.

cmon you guys plz!!!
any1!
some1 has had to of have this problem!
any pointers plz, im desperate here

first pull that card out and ensure you get windows running stabely. Once that is done, search google for drivers, www.driverguide.com has most brands and stuff. If they don't have contact the company and talk to them they may overnight a new cd to you.

Is there an onboard sound card in your computer? If so you will have to either disable it in the bios or tell windows to use the new card (once installed correctly)

If you can't get windows stableised post back so we can help you more.

alright dude thank you. i did what u told me, i unplugged my card from the PCI slot and then i uninstalled the driver i installed for it and then reinstalled it. it told me to shut down my computer and plug the card in which i did.
when i started it up it said on a black screen that windows's system file thing was missing or corrupt and needed me to put in my xp cd and repair by "pressing "r" at the first start up screen".
how the hell do i do that. nowhere during the boot does it ask me to boot from cd. it doesnt give me the option to go into BIOS either it just says to press f10 to configure my RAID.
iono how or why this works but the way ive been doing it is when it boots i go to raid and i clear my drive(s) and once i do that and i leave the configuration it boots from the cd. but now the disk is cleared leaving me with a audio drive-less disk. so ****!
so im currently reinstalling windows and the way im making this post is from a computer at my webpage development class in my school.
ive got about an hour and 10 minutes left in the period so please any suggestion!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom