For the love of god please?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostBoy

Beta member
Ok, I have looked everywhere but have had no luck in figuring this out. I put together an all new computer, p4 3Ghz, Ic7-G, 2 g's Ram, Radeon 9800 Pro 256, Audigy 2, Xp pro, all the latest drivers and bios. I do also have 6 hard drives four hooked to onboard SATA. I have had all these components working fine together before.

Now what happens is every 30 seconds or so the systems hangs for just 2-3 seconds. I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and looked at the performance tab and watched it for a bit. What I saw was a Cpu usage spike every 30 seconds going up to between 30-70% which somehow hung the whole system for that 2-3 seconds.

Also, another wierd thing that is going on is when I have a window open and scroll the mouse wheel quickly back and forth the systems then hangs for several seconds and I get a long tone from the computer.

I tried to reinstall windows, and all other hardware and software to no avail.

Please any ideas?, I would most appreciate any help.

Man, you have a massive amount of hardware connected to your system and power supply. What size of power supply are you running? Have you tested its output. The way to test your system out for any problems is to unplug any hardware not in use and run the system, if it does not lag then you have a power supply issue. Now don't tell me it is such and such name brand because any power supply can have a load issue from the factory. Brand new or not. When this problem happens is there anything special you might be doing or just when used normally? This could also be a CPU issue, might be going on you.

Can anyone else help me out?

man that is one system you have there.
i think you should have a 350 watt suppy at least, what do you guys think?

It's a 550 Watt supply and this CPU spike happens every 30 seconds or so while doing nothing, no apps running just idle.
I'm gonna try testing the CPU and Power supply right now.

That is pretty messed up i knoticed that i had to much software in the background before. And i reinstalled windows and took out the viruses and it was fine..... but you said you tried reinstalling already so i have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom