lost 200 GB partition under win2000 - help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default lost 200 GB partition under win2000 - help

hi all gurus,

im in big trouble... i got a new maxtor diamond max 10 200 GB and decided to make one partition under win2k. there is a boot disc from maxtor available which you boot from and set up your partition so that it is viewable in win2k.

after doing that and successfully installing the hdd + partition i hibernated the pc, plugged and unplugged some other hdd's and booted normally. then for some reason i got these errors:

- scandisc starts, the volume label and NTFS system is recognized and it is recommended to run scandisc over it. i canceled after it had started to delete orphaned files.

- in explorer when i click on the hdd: "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" - no volume label visible

you're my only help... i tried tons of recovery tools but none can find my files on it. any way i can get them back? was the hibernating the cause of the error? or cant win2k handle 200gb partitions?

thanks a lot

Closed Thread