Loss of IEEE1394 Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

xchris

Beta member
I have a Toshiba Satellite Notebook with a IEEE1394 port running on Windows XP. I was using it to transfer video one day and the computer failed and needed to be restarted. Now the computer does not seem to recognize when anything has been plugged into the port. Both my videocamera and my mp3 player still recognize that they have been plugged into the port, but the devices do not appear on the desktop or connect with any programs... Can anybody help?

Your drivers might have become corrupted if there was a crash. Check under your device manager for a yellow exclamation point for troubleshooting. Is the port displayed under your connectins?
If not, you may try a fresh install. Delete the port either from your device manager or from the add/remove hardware and reboot. Your computer will redetect it and install a fresh set of drivers.

make sure you check in your bios if it somehow got disabled :confused:... dunno how that wud happen but worth a try checking :) lol

I tried all that. I've replaced the drivers and done system restores and all that other stuff, but nothing seems to work. The strange thing is that the devices (my videocamera and my mp3 player) both recognize that they have been plugged into the port, but the computer doesn't recognize them being plugged in, even though the drivers have been completely updated and the system says that the port is running perfectly...

what about the reader drivers for those devices? they probably came with a cd.. did u try reinstalling those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom