This looks ODD...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
each of u has posted the oposite answer.. not helping anyone(yes the books right, no the books rong, yea the books right??)

and some are just rong... pc3200 is 200mhz X 2 = 400 (or at least that how i was told it works)
-----------------------------------------------------
anyone have real answers? cause it would be realy helpfull.

jolancer said:
each of u has posted the oposite answer.. not helping anyone(yes the books right, no the books rong, yea the books right??)

and some are just rong... pc3200 is 200mhz X 2 = 400 (or at least that how i was told it works)
-----------------------------------------------------
anyone have real answers? cause it would be realy helpfull.
yes that is absolutely correct. ddr 400 is clocked at 200mhz, but since it does twice the work in one clock, it can be as fast a 400mhz.

so is the book right or rong conserning Intel's CPU FSB???

can 400 fsb on a Intel CPU only handel DDR266(2100)??? example- is intell's cpu fsb calculated differently?? or was that info in the Soyo mobo manual just written by a total retarted moron??

Newegg states RAM: 4 DIMM for Dual Channel DDR 400/333 Max 4GB so that's what I would use. You can't mix them together, choose one or the other. Also I think you have to use the same size for each module. To add to what you guys are saying with those math formulas. The result is it's effective bus after being doubled. And the number you started with is the physical bus.

im not questioning about ram speed, witch i should use, or what is better.

im questioning the information in the SOYO instructions about the supported ram speed for intel's specific FSB's... it seems odd that a mobo manufacturer would print false info in its instructions? is there any substance to that chart, maybe?

or maybe im just looking fora answer from Micrbell.

i dont know how anyone could missunderstand such a simple ?

It's the way you asked the question. I don't understand what you are trying to ask because the wording you used is pretty confusing. If you wanted to get a direct response from microbell than send him a PM.

zerozero said:
DDR stands for Dual Data Rate. for every clock pulse, 2 bits of data will be processed, 1 on the up clock and 1 on the down clock. Therefore, DDR400 = 800 FSB.
PC3200 = 3200 Mbits processed per second. Divide by 8 for bytes and you have 400 MB/sec x 2 for dual data rate

internally, PC3200 RAM run at 200MHZ, but the FSB is double the interal speed so 2x200=400
dual channel means that the computer transfers data to and from 2 RAM sticks at once, so the total FSB is the combined FSB of the 2 sticks, so 2x400=800MHZ

your mixing DDR and dual channel mode apokalipse. dual data rate is 1 bit of info processed on the up clock and one on the down clock. Therefore 2 bits per clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom