Looking for a touchscreen monitor for a reasonable price

Veraster

In Runtime
I am trying to find a touchscreen monitor that is actually priced reasonably. It needs to be between 10 and 12 inches and the pixel resolution needs to be at least 1024x768.

I can't find any for a fair price. They make all kinds of good ones though... for $250 and up! They can't be THAT expensive since you can buy android tablets for like $150. Even mouser doesn't carry touchscreen LCD panels anymore that have a greater resolution than 640x480.

I have managed to find ONE that has a somewhat reasonable price but it's sold by a shady looking seller. Half of the reviewers didn't receive a working unit and the other half did.

I call ******** on these prices. They don't cost that much to produce. Something like that shouldn't cost more than $100. I'm not willing to spend more than $150 on a touchscreen monitor unless the resolution is 1280x720 or greater and even then I'm not spending more than 175-200.

So where is a place you can buy these from that are priced reasonably? If there are none, can I buy a $100-$150 android tablet just for the LCD panel, take it apart and somehow re wire everything up for use with a PC?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom