Looking for a Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've been told to get ink at staples. So if I do that would Lexmark still be expensive? Would it matter?

Ink would still be expensive. Kodak is the only cheap ink. Well i fyou print photos then yes. It does matter. Kodak is a picture company and the ink they use is good. Not the best but good.

Lexmark ink runs about $18 for Black and $22 or so for color.

Ink would still be expensive. Kodak is the only cheap ink. Well i fyou print photos then yes. It does matter. Kodak is a picture company and the ink they use is good. Not the best but good.

Lexmark ink runs about $18 for Black and $22 or so for color.

I looked into a Kodak printer and although a bit expensive everything looks great... except the smallest one is 16.6 inches wide and the space I have for a printer is 16.5 inches wide.

I was thinking of getting this one:

Amazon.com: Kodak ESP3 SE All-in-One Printer - 8406324: Electronics

Its more than I wanted to spend but it seems more than worth the price even without the savings on ink. Which are from what I've heard about $10-20 per black and color refill, depending on what you compare it to.

See its 16.6 wide but the space is quite literally 16.5 wide. Its a shelf built into my computer desk and I really have no where else I could put it. I have my current printer sideways but I really wanted to have it straight.

I did give suggestions about the ink. My Kodak suggestion. :p

Ah.. :).. I should investigate that option more seriously next time I want a inkjet. I refuse to pay more than $5-10 bucks for a ink cartridge/refill.. Of course, it does depend on how many pages it prints... But, on average I mean. Right now, I am giving the color laser thing a go. Lets see how that works out. :)

Its more than I wanted to spend but it seems more than worth the price even without the savings on ink. Which are from what I've heard about $10-20 per black and color refill, depending on what you compare it to.

$10 is decent. Just wait for a sale on the ink and just stock up. Ink prices vary a lot from place to place, so its work checking around if you care about the savings. Also, check into refill kits as well. And the number of pages a full cartridge can print.

Yes i have been looking and searching for a deal on the Kodaks for a while. They are good r[printers for the price.

Dakagoo, i read about your limits and i am sorry that Kodak doesnt have one small enough for you. That one you linked to is great.

The trade off is this. You spend more on the printer save it on the ink. With many other printers you will get the opposite. Save on the printer pay for the ink. ;)

I am sure that you could squeeze in that printer to your spot. A suggestion. Turn it sideways when not in use??

Yes i have been looking and searching for a deal on the Kodaks for a while. They are good r[printers for the price.

Dakagoo, i read about your limits and i am sorry that Kodak doesnt have one small enough for you. That one you linked to is great.

The trade off is this. You spend more on the printer save it on the ink. With many other printers you will get the opposite. Save on the printer pay for the ink. ;)

I am sure that you could squeeze in that printer to your spot. A suggestion. Turn it sideways when not in use??

I'll probably get it. Its not any worse than what I have now. Size-wise. In terms of everything else its amazingly better.

You save on the Ink but is the cartridge the same volume?

Yes. I have personally seen the size of Kodak ink cartridges and compared it with my Lexmark and Epson. They are a tad bit smaller but they all hold close to the same amount of ink. Kodak was middle of them from my views with my printers. Lexmark had more Epson had less than Kodak.

So from my reviews the Kodak is fully worth every cent. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom