looking for a new monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I just finished putting my HP back together and got it ready to sell, gonna shoot for about $600 after I paint it, get new plexi for it, a 120mm for the side and a new 92mm for the back. so what im thinking about doing is when I sell it, get 2 new lcd's becasue my crt's are starting to hog my desk space, and one is getting blurry, and the other is getting dark.

so what im wondering, is for screen size to space taken (the footprint) what would be worth it better? currently im running 2 17" crt's side by side, but im thinking about going to widescreen.

So what would be worth it?
2x 17" 4:3 lcd's
2x 17" 16:9 lcd's
2x 19" 4:3 lcd?
2x 19" 16:9 lcd's?

id like to get something bigger than these 17" so i can run 1280x1024 and still be able to read it. the max I am willing to pay for them is about $350 for both, before shipping.

So, whats your opinion? 17", 17" wide, 19", or 19" wide?
I only got about 34" of desk space, if the two are to be any wider than that, the bottom of the screen would have to be about 4 1/2" from the table, so it can fit over the dresser to the left of me. I have about 4' of space to the right of me, but thats usually where ivan has his pc set up.

Its not really worth getting the widescreen monitors. Unless you have a specific reason for buying them, you should go with the 4:3 ratio. As to whether to get a 17" or a 19", your choice.

Its not really worth getting the widescreen monitors. Unless you have a specific reason for buying them, you should go with the 4:3 ratio. As to whether to get a 17" or a 19", your choice.
I used to say that, until I got one.

I'd recommend getting two of these:
Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X20WG-1080P Black 20.1" 5ms(GTG) supported Windows Vista Certified DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

I'm not sure if they're 4 1/2" from the stand to the bottom, but you could always do what I do and sit them on boxes:

monitor.jpg

I used to say that, until I got one.

I'm not sure if they're 4 1/2" from the stand to the bottom, but you could always do what I do and sit them on boxes:

smart man

yea, i completely forgot about the 20.1 inchers, and I could always set them on boxes, books, or make a small wooden shelf to hold them, and still have desk space beneath them.

oh yea, Ive used 4:3 my whole life, except for our 55" that i occasionally use to play games on (which kinda sucks, i gotta connect via s-video, or use my home made vga-to-component cable, which works ok, but the tv only supports 640*480 and 1080*whatever it was, and the 1080 one is always blurry no matter what i do, i think its the tv, its about 6 years old now, rear projection, not plasma, or anything special, just a tv.

I got a 19" widescreen samsung syncmaster last week to replace my trusty 17" Ben-q lcd, its so much brighter and nice to have that extra screen, everything is crystal clear aswell, ive used the DVI connection for the best picture i can get :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom