Looking for a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I'm lookin for a laptop. Probably wanna spend 1000-1700 bucks. I was lookin at some dell's. Just looking for a recommendation on something. I've never bought a laptop. How are the centrino processors?

I like the Toshiba Sattelite A something or other P63 I believe. It's 1700 before rebates, and it has 100gb hard drive, 3.0+ GHz Intel. 17" Widescreen. It's a nice laptop, last I checked BestBuy had it for around 1500 after rebates.

I have heard a lot of good things about the quality of ASUS laptops. I havent used one myself, so I cant tell you first-hand what they are like.

Regardless of manufacturer of laptop, I recommend getting one that has a Pentium-M CPU (which is part of Centrino Technology). P-Ms are powerful, run at low temps and clock speeds, and as a result, laptops that use Centrino usually have a long battery life.

Laptop

Had my Dell Laptop for about a year now and very happy with it. I use mine as a desktop replacement office/home and don't do much travel . It's battery life is short, but it is powerful for a laptop. The newer mobile CPU's would give you a better battery life , as previous posts state. I guess it all depends on your need for speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom