Looking for a good deticated server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abercrombie

Baseband Member
Hello, Im looking to buy a deticated server in chicago and I was wonder if you guys know any places to get good priced servers. I want like a intel 3.0 or better or a amd 64 3000 or better or maybe even a dual amd xp. And also how many total slots do you guys think a amd 64 3400 1024ram could hold and would 800gb of bandwidth be enough if not how much bandwidth would i need? and also whats the its for cs 1.6 and what would be the best type of hard drive to get?

what are you planning to run on it?

for a dedicated server, it will cut out the graphics and focus on movements and physics. therefore a more powerful CPU would be far more useful than a powerful video card.

I would suggest just get a cheap video card, maybe a 6200 PCI-E or FX-5200 AGP, and use the money for a better CPU and/or more RAM

G.Skill makes the fastest RAM so far, look for some with Samsung TCCD's

also, if you can afford it, go for a dual core Athlon 64. they are in 4200+, 4400+, 4600+ and 4800+
you might need to look around for a motherboard that supports dual cores. if you have to update the BIOS, it should still run on one of the 2 cores before the update, so you won't have to first use a single core CPU to update it.

You also have to remember that you need a good internet connection to have a decent server.

A good upload speed is a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom