Looking for a durable headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoF Ripsaw

In Runtime
I just went through my second logitech G35. The damn thing breaks so easy. I was wondering what sort of headset I should buy next, is there one that can take a beating? Also I would like one with great directional sound quality. My budget is <100
I have a built in sound card on my Sabertooth X58.

Ill be looking at the other headsets, I felt that my needs where a bit different then others, with me being use to 7.1 surround sound =P.

EDIT: I accidently a word.

I was under the impression that the corsair 1500 has a little soundcard thing which isn't needed if you have your own soundcard, I don't remember who told me, someone on here I think. Therefore I would suggest the corsair 1300 as its pretty much the same headset just cheaper as it doesn't have the built in soundcard for 5.1/7.1
that the 1500 does as your onboard soundcard will do that for you.

The 1500 supports Dolby Digital, his integrated sound card does not (Realtek ALC892). The 1300 only claims "3D Sound" which likely means that it uses a different audio codec that most integrated sound cards can use. However, Dolby Digital is the standard for surround and will give you the most accurate 5.1/7.1 across more audio sources than anything else. The 1300 will only attempt to replicate Dolby Digital, whether it sounds close to the real thing I do not know.
I'm also willing to bet that the sound card on the 1500 is superior to his sound card. Even the highest end motherboards have garbage sound cards.

@OP
The 1500 is a little cheaper at amazon
Amazon.com: Corsair CA-9011112-WW Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset: Computers & Accessories

My bad. I'd go with the 1500 then they look like a good headset, and not terribly expensive either. They do look very comfortable as well and solid, as ghost said due to the steel band where most headset just have a plastic band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom