Looking to buy "Top of the Line" computer hardware/parts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebop24

Beta member
I want to get the best computer parts...(motherboard,memory,video,etc.)

Can u give a list of what u consider are the best parts....?

Different strokes for different folks.

I like MSI and Abit for mobos.
I like Kingston and Corsair memory.
I like ATI better than nVidia, but both are good.
I like Lan-Li and Enlight Cases.
I like Veiw Sonic and Sony Monitors.
I like Lite-On CD-Roms/DVD-Roms/Burners as well as NEC.

I like MSI and Abit for mobos.
I like Kingston and Corsair memory.
I like ATI better than nVidia, but both are good.
I like Lan-Li and Enlight Cases.
I like Veiw Sonic and Sony Monitors.
I like Lite-On CD-Roms/DVD-Roms/Burners as well as NEC.

Me and you are stroking something the same :p Man that's a good list Shakie. I agree completely with everything except I like Nvidia better, but I agree either way man they both produce blazing cards and in the case of the 6800 vs X800 there is no end...either way your card will perform amazingly in a system.

Perfect mobo suggestions, perfect RAM suggestions, Lian-Li is what he meant not Lan, but man those cases are SWEET! but expensive.

I built an AMD64 system with the following specs.

Lian-Li Case
500w Ultra Modular Connection PSU
1gb kit Corsair XMS Series RAM
9600XT Graphics card
AMD64 3500+ CPU
MSI Neo2-Platinum Motherboard
2 10,000 RPM SATA Drives

The system is awesome. The SATA drives makes windows load in like 15 seconds. Games loading, copying files, anything that requires the HD to move you'll notice a nice difference in speed. I know nothing about good monitors and very little about burners but the brands shakie suggested I've heard of and used so I'd listen to his suggestions :D

western digital for harddrives
ASUS for mobos
crucial for memory
Viewsonic for monitors (lcds or crts)
nVidia for video cards
plextor for optical drives
coolermaster for cases
logitech or klipsch for speakers

Seagate for hard drives
Abit for mobos
Corsair or Kingston for memory
NEC or Samsung for monitors
Nvidia for video cards
Sony or Lite-On for optical drives
Thermaltake for cases, but if I didn't have a thermaltake I would have gotten a Chieftec Dragon.

the new line of klipsh speakers are lagging behind in the performance factor nowadays... the lower bass levels sound really fuzzy... you should stick with either the logitech z-5300 5.1 speakers, the creative gigaworks s750 7.1 speakers or the logitech z-550 THX 5.1 speakers... the two logitechs by the way are thx certified so they have slightly better performance but the 7.1 setup of the gigaworks gives them a better surround sound experience... but whatever pleases you i say :p lol

i have never actually heard klipsch computer speakers, but i want a set real bad. i just know that their home theater speakers are top notch and i would just assume that their computer speakers would be on par.

well even when you talk about home theater systems the kilpsch speakers dont even come close to the quality that bose speakers deliver.. trust me i got a bose system in my living room and the sound quality is more amazing than anything ive ever heard :p

i wish i could afford bose. i love bose, my father had the old, whatdyacall it, lifestyle system with the cd player/reciver in one package, the sub and the little baby sat speakers, it was good stuff. the best i have ever heard was his older stuff, bang&olufsen components with magnapan electrostatic tower speakers.

the best i have had personally (now don't laugh) for home theater is the setup i have now with a yamaha amp/reciever, MTX monitor 10 main speakers, MTX 12inch powered sub, sony center and surrounds. but i think that's good for a budget system, it all works well together, tight bass, clear/crisp highs and i can pump those suckers loud when i want to.

i don't know if i stated this yet, but for my comp speakers, i have creative 5.1 cheapies that i picked up for 40 bucks. they do not come close to good, but they do their job better than the labtecs i had previously.

now, taking in your advise, i will stay away from klipsch when i do upgrade again. what do you think about harmon/kardon or viewsonic speakers? i only say viewsonic because they look nice and will match my viewonic LCD. i have heard nothing but good things about logitech, but they might be out of my price range. when i upgrade my comp speakers, i plan on dropping only 60-80 bucks max.

EDIT, i have found logitech Z3 speakers for cheap, like 50 bucks.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=987125&CatId=488
these should be better than what i have now, what do you think? also, when i said harmon/kardon, i meant altec lansing.

DO NOT go with ASUS boards, they suck now a days and aren't as good as quality any more but I suppose that's one persons opinion. Get a Western Digital hard drive that's true though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom