looking to buy laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

unbornzodiac

Baseband Member
hi,

i'm looking to buy a laptop, and i need suggestions on what's good/not. it's going to be mainly used for school, so it doesn't need the 'good' hardware. not a gaming laptop, but i still think that amd is good from what i have experienced. also, don't want to spend over 1500 dollars. looking for something at a reasonable price, reliability, etc.

thanks. :D

get any DELL with Intel Centrino Technology.

it wont be a true gamer (as will come with graphic card built in) and best for your school, as its battery life is twice as others, 4 hours as if u have 2 batteries, watch DVD's with ur friends in school, or even, Ahm Ahm. HaHa. I dont recommend using technology in bad way though. so this last suggestion is a joke.

Laptops aren't the best for gaming anyway. Dells though are the best laptops. Don't get HP/Compaq, because they are so fragile its rediculous.

I suggest this laptop but without HDD, CPU, OS and RAM. because you can get those cheaper and put them in yourself

get an AMD Athlon 64 DTR (mobile) 3200+ for $213

2 x Corsair 256MB PC3200 SODIMM $94 ($47 each) and it is much better RAM

Seagate 40GB 2.5" HDD $78 - Seagate is a much better brand of HDD, plus it's double the size you'd get for a little bit less money than getting one with the laptop

and Windows XP Home for $52

get your own antivirus and stuff, because you can get a lot of freeware programs that are as good if not better than paid products.

1034 + 213 + 94 + 78 + 52 = $1471

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom