Looking to build a Gaming Rig, Unsure on MOBO, Need a Micro ATX sort /=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waimzey

Beta member
So im looking to build a 2nd PC. Preferrably an upgrade to my own, Which wont be too terribly hard to do. But what i want to do is make a gaming PC that i can carry around easily, So i was thinking of building one out of this case...

LAN Friendly Case

Now, I see that i need a Micro ATX MOBO.

My question is are these MOBO's inferior to the bigger ones?

And im relatively new on shopping for a MOBO so i could use some suggestions for a good one, My Price range will vary, I'm willing to spend a good amount to make sure i have a really good one for gaming, But multiple examples are appreciated ! (=

Another question is, Will the Micro MOBO's will use all my old components that i may want to keep, Such as my ATi Radeon 9800 Pro, Just untill i feel like upgrading?

Many thanks in advance for any help i get here !!

Yes the mATX mobo's are inferior

Cases like that are for people who need a portable PC for general use, you have major heat problems and crap in those cases

The mATX motherboards themselves are not really inferior to their ATX counterparts.

Yes, you can get a new mobo to support your 9800. What other hardware do you have now?

Why the decision to upgrade your mobo?

The thing is, with a case like that your paying a lot for a little. You can get a lightweight aluminum full sized case for about the same price. In fact you get get full sized cases, built to be "Lan Party" cases. Something like this for example.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129145

Its lightweight Aluminum, and its not full sized. But it will fit standard ATX Mobo's giving you a lot more options. Plus I think it comes with that convinent carrying strap. Also www.Xoxide.com offers a wide range of carrying straps made to fit any standard ATX case. Like this one http://www.xoxide.com/casestrap.html

As far as Motherboards go, stick with the best MSI, Abit, ect...

I know this is probably not what you were looking for in terms of a solution, but it gives you more options. Hope I helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom