looking to build an audio production comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdeuce2001

Beta member
Well, i just bought an m audio firewire 1814 soundcard so now i need to build a new computer. I am going to run protools and other programs. The computer i am running now is 1.8 p4. I was thinking of buying a barebones pc and then adding the rest myself, but if its not to hard and cheaper maybe putting it all together myself. I was looking at monarchcomputer.com for barebone amd socket 939 computers. I am not sure if thats the best site or not though for that.
Anyways I was wondering what people think the best CPU, motherboard, and case to go with would be. I was def looking at the amd64 's but there are so many to choose from. I also need to buy at least 1 gb of ram , a cheap video card for now, dvd burner and i was hoping 1 big hard drive or 2 hard drives. I hope this is a good start. I been looking at the options monarchcomputer.com lets u choose for cases and motherboards but am just kind of lost. I want to purchase it and get it done with so i canbuy the other parts. I'd like to spend 700 but will spend more if i have to. I want a computer i will be able to upgrade in the future. I def plan on buyin pcie graphics cards etc when i have more money. Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it. my aim sn is "enthawizeguy"

im looking for parts that are compatible with eachother basically i need.

- Case
- motherboard
- CPU
- Fan and all that (not to sure about this stuff)
- 1gb ram or more
- cheap graphics card for now(could use the one from my comp on now)
- dvd burner
- firewire ports needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom