Look At This Soup Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Ok, first of all, I'd like to than everyone who helped me out yesterday with souping up my out-of-date rig. This rig is good enough to last until XP-64.

Anyways, that unlocked AMD Athlon XP 3000+ was tested in a friend's DFI Lanpart NFII Ultra-B and the base clock topped out at 233. The clock speed topped out at 2796/2800 MHz on a 12 multiplier. My firend was using PC3700. Boy, did I get lucky with that AMD Athlon XP.

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra-B
eVGA GeForce FX5500
Fujitsu U320 36.6GB RAID 0
Fujitsu U320 36.6GB RAID 0
Thermaltake Volcano 12+
Mushkin Dual Pack 1GB 2x512 DDR400
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
LSI Logic U320 Controller
SkyHawk/EagleTech Case
Antec TruePower 450W PSU
Western Digital 80GB Caviar HDD
Maxtor 60GB HDD
Lite-On 8x DVD-RW
LG 52x CD-ROM Drive
CompUSA Floppy Drive

How is that looking for a good system? Oh, and the AMD Athlon XP 3000+ will be overclocked to 2796/2800 MHz, but with different memory clocks because of different memory and different memory overclocks.

Thats probly one of the best Athlon XP systems ive seen. It really has a great overclocking CPU, great mobo, dual channel options and fast HDD's. That computer would even be better than some of the Athlon 64 systems.

Wayne

That is why I'm holding on to that system. I'm looking to put an eVGA GeForce 6600GT or a 6800GT (depending on the money I have of course) in there soon. Sorry, I didn't have a CPU-Z screenshot, but it was tested at my friend's house in his system. I haven't gotten the processor yet, but Prime95 has been running at 2.8 GHz for 18 hours so far. We want to burn it in before I actually complete the soup up.

Who knew somewhat older hardware could be used to creat a beast?

Out of curiosity, what would this AXP be equal to in terms of an AMD Athlon 64 on stock?

That AXP system might be equal to something between a 3200 and 3500 socket 939, closer to the 3500 than 3200 though.

Yeah, I have an AMD 3400+ socket 939, performs great, but at only half the spped because it's potential is truely held back due to this 32-bit world of ours. As soon as 64-bit comes out, beware! ANyways, just something to think on....:)

Yeah, nobody really has seen the true potential of the 64bit cpus becuase there is no widespread 64bit operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom