LONG lockups while playing games on 6800Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Person

Baseband Member
Hello!
For some reason everytime I play a game I encounter frequent lockups which last for at least 8-10 seconds. They happen frequently. My setup is in my sig so you can see what I have and could be contributing. I tried to latest driver release and also the current beta drviers. Both have the same issue. I also went through 3 power supplies (on a side not my bad luck worked and somehow the one that was supposed to be the weakest PSU pushed the most on the 12v rail :p ). The temperatures on the card are also not high. I really do not know what to do. I really finally want to start using this computer for gaming. I didn't pay $1900 to surf the internet (could have used the crap I got in my basement for that)....
Thanks for any help.

What game are you talking about ? and have you updated the nforce drivers? goto nvidia.com and compare the version of nforce drives with the ones you have and see if they need updateing . I know nvidia did some performance increases for the nforce 3 chipsets.

I got nothing running in the background (except the bare minimum). One of the reason I built this new computer is that I wouldn't have to take care of all the crap my family bombed my old comp with (stupid programs and such that eat resources) :D.
I'm playing Everquest2 and UT2004. I know everquest 2 has problems with the Geforce 6 line right now but my problem is not like everyone's that experiences stutter. I don't really play any offline games right now but 3d Mark 2003 has the same problem so I don't think it is anything network related.
I'll go update the nForce drivers now, didn't think of that :).

A 6800 is a lot of money, you would definately want nothing but the best from your pc after paying for one!

Have you got your chipset drivers? as when I didnt have the up to date ones, it caused a jumping frame rate.

Unfortunately I had to submit an RMA. I tried everything I could think of. I called the eVGA tech support and the guy told me to submit an RMA. Stupid shipping shipping charges...

While you are waiting, update all of your drivers (BIOS, motherboard, monitor...everything).

Best to cover all of the bases...

And watch your language.

I'm sorry about my language but I've had so many problems already that having to wait much more is simply not an option :). I was never good with patience...
Those problems have cost me about $80 in additional shipping charges already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom