Lite On cannot read Cd-r

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCntrySC

Solid State Member
Cannot read CD-Rs with data on it

It will not read CD-Rs

I just purchased the Lite On LTC-48161 CD/R DVD Drive and I have it working good (playing DVDs, Music CDs, and Original software CDs) but I cannot get it to read any of my CD-Rs with stuff on it (personal documents and previously burned items). The CD-Rs work fine on my other computer just not this newly built one. The jumpers are set on Master and the cable is hooked up on the MOBO as secondary. Does anyone have any input on this?

I just built this computer - I have an ASUS Nforce2 A7N8X-E Deluxe MOBO, AMD 2500+ Althon XP Barton. 512 MB Geil Golden Dragon RAM, 120 GB Maxtor hard drive SATA, and a 400W power supply. I am also running XP.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

please help

I got the drive to pick up the CD-R but it shows it as blank. I tried the CD in my other computer and it is fine.

When I go to My Computer and click on the CD Drive - it doesn't do anything. I just get the hour glass and it just sits there.

HELP!!!!!

here is what i understand is this right?:

your computer with the new burner cannot read its own data CD's that you made on it, but the other computer can read it fine? if this is not correct please help me understand.

assuming that was your problem this is a problem of the compilation format or media quality. it is not a hardware setup problem with jumpers or placement on the cable.

so what are the softwares you are using and what type of compilations are you using to burn the data? what is the media brand & rated max speed you are using?

if all else fails i would simply return the item and look for another cd burner brand entirely to avoid lite-on

Thank you for replying.

The CD-Rs is from the burns I made from my old computer not then new one. It is information that I put on those CDs to transfer to the new Computer that I built. The new computer will not read the CD-Rs. It reads all other CDs and DVDs fine but it does not want to read the CD-Rs that I burned stuff on. When I check "My Computer" and double-click the CDROM - It just hangs there and sometimes comes up with a "not responding" and I have to select "end now". I cannot figure out why it will not read it.

What do you think??

i think it is because of compatabilty of the media or format you created the CD's with, which is why your new lite-on can't read them.

a better way to transfer your files is just to connect the hard disk from the old computer to the new computer. make sure you set your hard disk jumpers correctly, and put the disk back in the old computer exactly the way you took it out.

I think I am just going send this Lite On back and get a different one then.

Thank you for your help. My friend has the same Lite On and he doesn't have any problems with it. I took my CD-R over there and it worked fine on his computer.

I disconnected the CD drive and connected it to my old computer and it works like a charm. Connected it back to the new computer and it still will not read CD-Rs with info on them. What gives? It comes out blank on the desktop and it hangs for a couple minutes.

Ok - this is getting freaky. It found the CD and it showed the files on the CD. I opened the file and it was fine. I close the Explorer Window and I re-open the Explorer for the CD Drive and it doesn't show anything in there again. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom