which linux and were to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.sorry i just had an urge to go play need for speed underground. hehehe. yeh i love talking linux too. and i LOVE converting windows users :)

LIVECD is what you want. 2004.2 UNIVERSAL.

agh, i was downloading package . . .

good thing i started live a while back, just in case . . .

200mb out of 620 with 40minutes left . . .

that server is S L O W

cable internet 3mbps . . .

download at 600kbps

okay it just finished downloading, what do i do now?

ok iv out linux on a cd, but when i reboot pc, and put cd in it, it wont boot on cd? how do i install it? how do i do all this? i dont wana mess this up, iv never used linux b4

if i create a system restore point, will that save me if i accidentally do something wrong?

ok, i dont understand anything about partitioning and MBR and GRUB . . .

someone help me!!

i'm using an NTFS partitioned hard drive

so everybody is going linux now

I'm not sure Linux will autimatticaly detect RAID and SATA....there are often things you have to configure youself after installations.

I f something goes really wrong, I don't know if a system restore point will help. If something goes wrong it will probably be you MBR. I think it can be repaired using the fdisk /mbr command or the windows XP disc

don't select "bootable cd" while burning the ISO's. They won't boot this way. Just select "Burn image file" or something that way.

Koldapu - most linux will recognise your NTFS partition and can read it. I think the newer Linux versions will also automatticaly make a boot menu.
Ofcourse it could go wrong. Normally linux will ask you where to install it during setup and it wil make partitions for you.
You could hide the Windows partition for more security, but I would not recommend it because Linux cannot detect windows that way.

BTW. The best partitioning software I know is Powerquest Partition Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom