Linksys wireless adapter and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
Right now I am using a Linksys wireless adpater model WMP54g version 4.1 to connect to the internet.

I am about to upgrade to Windows 7 Pro 64bit and need to know if this will work with Windows 7. I ran the Upgrade advisor and it said go the Linksys's website and download the driver for Windows 7 but I did not see one for 7.

Does anybody know if this adapter will work in Windows 7? I don't want to install Windows 7 then find out it will not work. I got to have my internet:big_smile:

Windows 7 should have a driver for it, but I'm not all sure. I don't see any 7 drivers either..

Try the Vista drivers. Win 7 is built on the same core as Vista.

I just had a chat with someone from Linksys and said it would not work with Windows 7 because of compatibility issues. He even said it shouldn't work on Vista either. If it shouldn't work with Vista, then why would they have a driver for Vista? I don't think he knew what he was talking about, how surprising.

Since I am using this on Vista 64bit with no problems, is there a chance that it would work with Windows 7 64bit?

I don't even have to download a driver to get it working in Vista 64bit. I just use the cd it came with and works every time.

I hope I don't have to buy a new one. I planned on installing Windows 7 tonight.

Well i decided to take a chance and installed Windows 7. Guess what, it worked with no problems at all. I am running Windows 7 right now. All I did was use the cd the card came with.

I can't believe how much different Windows 7 looks over Vista. It going to take some time to get used to.

Really? I don't think they look different at all. In fact if you just glanced for 5 second at both screens you probably couldn't tell any difference.

Most of the changes are 'under the hood' and won't be noticed by most users.

What looks different to me is the taskbar and how there seems to be no line between open windows and the taskbar. Even the windows themselves seem different somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom