Linksys router

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
I went out and bought one of them linksys router / switch deals...only 75 canadian bux. came with Norton internet secuerity too...what does y'all make of this product? Post ya comments

Which model did you get?

I only had one bad experience with a Linksys product.
I had a D-Link router in place for about a year and played online games all the time...no problems.
I went out and bought the Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router/gateway so that I could get even more lazy and play Warcraft on my laptop in the living room while watching TV. After every game, I would get kicked off of game servers. I never had this problem with any other router/gateway that I had in place so I placed the D-Link back in it's place and made another collision domain out of the Linksys router. Haven't had any problems since.
Later I found that I had to tweak the wireless a little to get it to work a little better...
You'll also find that you'll have a lot of cool stuff to tweak with it.
In my opinion, excellent buy!

-Michael

i could of payed 60 canadian dollars.

but imho, since linksys is a pretty huge corporation, i think it should last you long

I think the linksys router rocks too. Only a few MAIN things you really need to configure, other than that... it should work perfectly right out of the box.

don't forget to add/insert the MAC address....
:)

I've got the Linksys WRT54G Wireless router with 2 WUSB11 adaptors on 2 of my PC's and My Main PC is plugged in via an RJ45 cable. Life's Good!!!:)

thanks for all your input...i looked at the box ad saw the cisco logo and it hit me that cisco is the main company and linksys is a side product..humm...never knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom