Linksys Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also get their new SRX router, 3 times the range, and not as much a dead-zone problem

I wouldn't try to illegally hack more distance into a wireless router. FCC protects the wireless capabilities carefully, and for good reason. If you send out too much power through a wireless access point, organic things around the signal will begin to cook, much like in a microwave. That's why those technicians that service metropolitan wireless Internet systems have to be very careful, incase someone decided to hack up the power.

Actually, I disagree. The main reason that the WIFI signal doesnt travel that far, is because it isn't NEEDED to go that far. If your not a hacker or wardriver...there is NO conventional need for a 1000ft distance coverage....None whatsoever...thats another reason the frequency is so high up, its cuz it wont travel through foliage as well and disrupt or be picked up by rogue cards

I doubt wireless is high enough frequency to cook things...

The range is limited so you have to buy an more expensive router.

yea seriously...its not like their gamma rays...their just really high pitched squeals lol. but instead of buying a more expensive router...seriously consider not buying antennas...but making them...you can make a really nice yagi antenna and get great signal gain. or omnidirectional....I cant stress enuf how if you try hard enuf...and dont give into buying something from the store...u CAN get just about nything u want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom