'lil help please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey folks, I did actually post this on TG forumz, but obviously they have no where near your expertise in this field (/suck up) :D.

Anyways onto the 'ting. I'm in some need of a slightly better cooling system for my PC you see. Currently most parts run at reasonable temperatures (bar the HDD) but I think I would be better off further cooling my system. So I intend to buy a HDD cooler, and a single case fan. The thing is, I'm a bit unsure when it comes to case fans, having never actually fitted one or used one.

So, I have two pics of my PC and need you wonderful people to tell me what type of fan the 'slot' fits, and whether or not it would be beneficial to add a fan there.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4017/inside16wd.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/666/outside15yk.jpg

Cheers, love 'ya all.

Looks to me like you need a standard 120mm fan. Its going to be beneficial because its going to suck all of the hot air out. Just make sure you have enough air going in aswell.

How do I make sure i've got cool air going in? Will that just naturally filter in through the holes in the side of my case, or am I gonna need to put a room fan near my PC to 'coax' some extra cool inside? :D

Any reccomendations for a good 120mm fan?

Most cases will have an Intake and an outtake fan, that looks to me like you can fit an intake fan. that will make sure you have air flowing through your case. By the way im not certain its 120mm, It could also be an 80mm, just measure to make sure.
If you dont fit an intake fan you wont see as much benefit, however it will just pull air through any holes.

So.... when buying a new fan I should look for the words 'intake' and 'outtake', or will fans just function as one of the two depending on where they are installed.

I appologise for all my very noobish questions, but my knowledge on the mechanics of cooling is extremely poor. You've all been a great help so far though!

I'll measure both fan ports later when I get home.

Fans will work as both an intake or outtake, you just flip them around ;).
Just buy ones that suit you, If you want very good performance and dont mind noise get some high CFM ones. If you want quiet ones just some low DB ones, though performance will suffer. Or just get somewhere between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom