lightscribe technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I have a dvd drive that has lightscribe technology and I am not impressed with it. I don't understand why it takes so long, around 20 minutes, and why can't it be in color. It wouldn't be so bad if it was in color.

Are there lightscribe drives that can burn labels faster and in color?

Like Rican said..no, you can't burn in color. You can buy colored discs and burn different colors that way... But how would you burn in color? It's just a normal read/write laser (a little stronger laser, mind you), and a disc with a special top, that allows the laser to etch into the disc. It takes a while because you're not burning actual data...you're etching into the disc itself. Think of it as a CNC machine.

also it takes a long time because the laser is constantly adjusting it's position and constantly turning on and off. I have only burned about 4 discs with my laptops lightscribe drive and i didn't really see the point of doing it anyway.

If you wanted colored and decorative disc labels, you would have to buy a printer that supports this. LightScribe never has and never will be in color. You invested the cost into the software and hardware, but failed to research and see it did not do what you wanted.

I am not mad that it doesn't do color, it would have been nice if it did. True I did not research the technology enough before I bought it but even if I known that it didn't do color, I probably would have still bought it. I just figured that seeing how far computer technology has grown, I thought somebody would have been able to figure out how to do this.

I have made my own labels using Nero before but I didn't like that. I am afraid they are will eventually start peeling. I just want something with a little more artwork than just using a sharpie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom