Lightscribe

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsomniac

Baseband Member
So, I've been thinking the whole lightscribe idea is kind of interesting ever since they came out.
Just wondering about everybody's experiences with it, and buying advice and such, now that it's showing up pretty cheap.
Thanks for any input.

my roomate had it last yar as well as many of my friends, it actually is very cool. i thought that you would only be able to do litlle pictures or words on the cd, insttead he could do intricate designs, (all in a sepia looking color of course). if it is cheap you might as well pick it up, that way you never have to use a marker on your cds again lol. the only downside i think is that the cds themelves are rather pricey.

The CDs are pricey. You basically pay a royalty to HP since it is their patented technology. It would be a lot better if you could just use regular CDs.

Yeah, it's just one of those gadgets where I wonder if the novelty would wear off after a couple weeks. I've just thought it would be kind of cool for burning picture CDs fo the kids for their grandparents, or graphics on audio CDs (as the kids aren't reading much yet). I'll probably it a try next time they come up cheap somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom