Lights, led fans, led's ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokelizer

Baseband Member
My question is if i want to put me a black light into my computer does it connect to the PSU? Will there be connectors for it or are they all standard? Do i need to purchase anything extra? Also say i want to put some LED's on the case do these plug into the mobo? I have seen that HDD Leds plug into the MoBo are there additional connectors? Like fans, additional fans do these connect to the mobo or to the PSU??? Also with different voltages, i see fans require like 1.6v how the heck do i know which plug is 1.6v or does it only use the voltage it needs? I hope this gives enough detail on my question. Basically what do i need to put in more fans and lights??:amazed:

-Yes, you can buy UV lights that plug into the molex connectors from the PSU.

-No, there arent any other connectors on the mobo for extra LEDs. To add more LEDs you would need a molex pass-through connector, some resistors, and will require soldering. (Unless you want to be old fashioned and use electrical tape)

-Yes, additional fans connect to the PSU like the UV light. They use a molex pass-through connector. Although, some fans can connect to the motherboard. These use 3-4 pin connectors.

-Most fans use 12v. The ones Ive seen anyways, and if you did plug it up, it would only use the power needed.

-All you need to add more fans is...well more fans. What you would need for a UV light...is a UV light, and for LEDs, wire, soldering iron/solder, and resistors. Im not sure what kind of wire or resistors you would need, but Im sure someone here knows. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom