Light scribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was strongly opposed to lightscribe when I first saw it reviewed a couple months ago. Afterall, I can print beautiful full quality pictures directly onto DVDs and CDs with my epson r200 that cost just $90 at newegg and also serves as a standard inkjet printer.

After thinking about it a little more, lightscribe does make some sense though. I wouldn't mind saving on ink costs. Especially if you buy brand name ink (RIP OFF!!!), which I don't :). Over a few years, that could really add up. I really don't like using sharpies to label since it just looks so lame and sloppy compared to something printed.

However, I believe lightscribe media is a bit more expensive than standard media at the moment. If the media were priced on par with standard media, well, that'd be ideal.

All in all, I'll be keeping this technology in the back of my mind, especially next time I need to buy a DVD burner.

P.S. There was an article in Maximum PC magazine a month or two ago if you are interested in more info.

It's new, but it needs improvements. It's slow, and it sometimes damages crap CD's ex No-Name brand.

I have the HP burner with lightscribe. It's pretty cool. Nothing to get yourself worked up over. The truth is that it takes about as long to etch the label as it does to burn the disc.

I've done CD-AUDIO discs with Lightscribe label in under 40 Minutes.
The technology is a great idea, it just needs some advancement.

The same laser that writes the data, etches the label.

LOL!!! OMFG... desiboi that little Aminated Clip in your sig is the funniest freakin' thing i've seen in a long time.... HAHAH

"Hey, KID!" CLose your eyes after you jump... Not before...

Ha! I didn't think it ws that funny til you pointed out that he actually goes into a canon ball. LOL, that makes the clip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom