Light scribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want one but I hear they're slow as hell etching the image or whatever onto the top of the disk. Great concept, can't wait to see where they go with it as the technology advances.

Its just an HP marketing gimic. I work at Office Depot and we really push LightScribe, and the people fall for it. The people who care about LS are the same people who will buy HP computers with slow Pentium 4s and integrated graphics for $1000.

beedubaya said:
Its just an HP marketing gimic. I work at Office Depot and we really push LightScribe, and the people fall for it. The people who care about LS are the same people who will buy HP computers with slow Pentium 4s and integrated graphics for $1000.

omg! that's not true! they come with an LCD monitor!

heh :D, even at that they are still a huge ripoff

I think its a pretty cool idea. Thats not to say I would buy one, though. I think that if the drive and media were cheaper, I might maybe, slight-chance consider getting one.

diabloII said:
omg! that's not true! they come with an LCD monitor!

heh :D, even at that they are still a huge ripoff

HAHA...they do indeed come with an LCD monitor, but its a sucky one with 400:1 contrast ratio at tops and 25ms response time.

beedubaya said:
HAHA...they do indeed come with an LCD monitor, but its a sucky one with 400:1 contrast ratio at tops and 25ms response time.

haha yea

but my friend's dell came with a really nice monitor (but that only applies to dells tho)

I would get it but I wait till two things are changed faster draw speeds and color it is a wierd right now with bloack on gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom