Let's try one last time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noknowledge

Baseband Member
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)
System Manufacturer: eMachines, Inc.
System Model: Imperial
BIOS: Revision 0.90
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Page File: 216MB used, 408MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_3186109F&REV_03
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: COMPAQ MV540 Color Monitor

not the sims the sims 2!

I can't seem to get a clear answer...If I get a PCI!!! VIDEO CARD(Beacuse that's all I have just PCI) like a 128MB or 64 MB will the sims 2 run smooth and graphics on high settings on my PC? (note it's the only game I will play until Febuary 2005 so until Febuary 2005 I will have ONE GAME installed on my PC)

http://thesims2.ea.com/about_system_specs.php

That should explain a bit for you. I would recommend one of the following cards on your system.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-131-270&depa=0

or

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-145-087&depa=0

The reason I chose these is the price. You don't want to spend too much money on a video card that you, more than likely, won't use on your new or upgraded system. Since you will either be using AGP 8x or PCI-Express 16x, a regular PCI card won't suffice. Hope that answers your questions.

good god man.....if it means playing the sims2 THAT much to you...then you need to do some investigative work on what you got and what you can upgrade....read about benchmarks and that sort of thing. PCI based graphics cards are gonna suck compared to AGP....no doubt about it...if you're gonna get a PCI card you need to get the highest memory on it possible...don't get 64mb if you can get 128mb...you need all the help you can get. You need to get another stick of ram...period..whether it be another 256 or a 512 or what you need more ram...ATLEAST another 256mb stick.

Display Memory: 64.0 MB
I believe thats the graphics aperture size...you can raise that a little...but you need to get more RAM because the graphics aperture is just the amount of RAM set to help out in the event that the video cards VRAM is full...which will happen quickly on a 64mb card hence furthermore why you should atleast get a 128mb card if you're gonna get PCI.

Conclusion:
Get more ram - atleast 256mb
get atleast 128mb card if you're going PCI video card
Change Graphics Aperture size in Bios from 64 to like....128 with current ram and 256 if you wind up getting more.

I would also recommend a memory upgrade on your system. Don't spend too much money, as I stated earlier. Go for a 256MB stick of the same make/model you currently have. If you have a little more money and currently have low quality RAM, you should go for a 512MB stick of the fastest memory your system will handle and remove your other memory. This will speed up general system performance and if mixed with a 256MB DDR VRAM PCI card, such as the two I listed above, you should be able to play Sims 2 smoothly. Hit me back with the results when you get them. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom