leaving USB wire connected....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I have a digital camera, that comes with a USB cable to transfer media. I was just wondering if I can leave the USB cable connected to the USB port, without the camera connected, so I don't have to take it off all the time. It's because my tower is kinda far from where I sit, and I have to go all the way to the back, where it's hard to reach in order to connect the USB cable to the camera. This also applies to an extension plug for general electronics. Can I leave it, plugged in an outlet without anything connected to it? It's also because the plug outlets on the wall are hard to reach behind my desk, and I don't want to keep going back there in order to connect an electronic device. I appreciate any comments. Thanks...

It won't do any harm to the computer, nor will make the computer think a USB is connected while leaving the plug in there. I have all of my USB ports used, nothing bad happens to me.

Nope, it won't hurt anything. I leave my 3' extension cord for my flash drive, and my camera cord plugged in...no problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom