Leaving computer on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave mine on 24/7 as well. I havent turned it off since right before christmas of 04 and that was due to a freakin power outage.

My comp is on 24/7, 365 days a year. I never ever leave it turned off.. No problems yet with any of my comps.. Think servers :)..

That sounds impossible because you do need a restart every now and then to let the ram erase completly...... I restarted every 13 days.... Unless my system becomes unstable...

I try to leave mine on, but my parents stupidly unplug it from the wall when they want to turn it off. Luckily so far it hasn't caused any damage.

I turn it off at night, as it has to be in my room, as that is where the phone line is, I will never get to sleep with it on, as it is quite noisy, (4X 33 db fans and heatsink is 42 db, way too noisy, I prefer about 0db to get to sleep (unlikly to happen though) I also have a cold cathode on my case, that is like leaving my main light on.

My pc is when I'm awake unless my mum turns it off when I'm out (I have taught (sp?) her how to turn my pc off when I go out, as she turns it off by the plug.)

I turn mine on when i get up in the morning, whether or not i have school. I dont turn it off until i go to bed (its in my room, and the noise/lights drive me crazy). If im at school, sometimes ill set up a disk defrag or some other lengthly operation before I leave.

charles_scott said:
That sounds impossible because you do need a restart every now and then to let the ram erase completly...... I restarted every 13 days.... Unless my system becomes unstable...

I said " I never ever leave it turned off..". A cold boot does not belong to this category :)..

desiboi said:
Who really gives about hydro bills, If you do, buy CFL. They are special light bulbs. 13 Watts gives as much as light as a 60 Watt normal bulb!

I have that and the 7 watt light bulbs

My entire basement is filled with 6 13 watt bulbs and three 20 watt bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom